Air Conditioner repair in DC, Air Conditioner repair in MD, Air Conditioner repair in VA, Appliances Repair in Alexandria, Appliances Repair in Arlington, Appliances Repair in DC, Appliances Repair in Fairfax County, Appliances Repair in MD, Appliances Repair in Prince Georges County, Appliances Repair in Springfield, Appliances Repair in VA, Heat Repair In DC, Heat Repair In MD, Heat Repair In VA, Refrigrator Repair in DC, Refrigrator Repair in Fairfax County, Refrigrator Repair in MD, Refrigrator Repair in VA
During the long wet and cold winters here in Vancouver it is paramount to know that your gas furnace is well maintained. Allowing for peace of mind and avoiding unnecessary situations such as no heat in your house or a furnace that is not performing optimally which can drive up your monthly heating bills. Regular maintenance is especially important for elderly people living alone, families with young kids, or people who live reasonably far from a city center.
1. Allowing your furnace to run efficiently is a by-product of regular maintenance, keeping monthly heating costs down.
2. Changing your air filter allows for increased air flow so your furnace does not have to work harder to push the air through your duct system, increasing efficiency and saving money. Air filters should be changed every 3 to 6 months.
3. The furnace maintenance packages that we offer provide a free $50 carbon monoxide detector, so you are prepared if you ever have carbon monoxide leaking into your house, which we will test for. This gas is potentially fatal and we personally know of situations where this has come very close to happening due to issues with venting and furnace performance.
4. Your home owners user manual for your gas furnace suggests regular maintenance, and it’s always good to follow manufacturer recommendations. After all they are the ones doing the research and development on the furnace so they know how it performs.
5. With regular maintenance you can catch early signs of electrical wire or burner wear and tear and avoid situations where a house fire could start. The areas around the wire and burners are cleaned and vacuumed to ensure there is room for everything to run properly.
6. When one of our HVAC service professionals is in your home doing the furnace maintenance they will also provide feedback on potential concern areas of your entire system, so you can avoid future issues.
7. If your furnace has not been maintained regularly in the past it may be quite loud when it turns on our off, this will be remedied once you receive maintenance, which increases the quality of life in your home.
8. Along with furnace maintenance, the thermostat will also be looked at to ensure the settings are correct and the batteries are replaced. A few degree change on the settings can help with monthly heating costs and general furnace longevity.
9. During furnace maintenance adjacent duct vents are inspected to check for obstructions. We may suggest duct cleaning work to be done depending on how bad it is. Your duct work is the lungs of your house and provides air to every room, so you want to avoid dust, mildew, bacteria, and germs being spread around your house.
Heat Repair In DC
10. With regular maintenance you will not have to replace your furnace very often, we have heard of situations where home owners have had furnaces running well for 20 plus years. However, the efficiency is obviously not the same as a modern furnace. One must always way the costs of monthly heating, potential savings with an upgrade, and the costs to upgrade. Our service professionals will walk you through this and explain everything in great detail and provide a written quote for consideration.